Sunset Swim Center 13707 NW Science Park Dr Portland, OR 97229
- through 11/30/14 – $50.00
- through 12/31/14 – $55.00
- through 01/30/15 – $60.00 (on-line registration closes 11:59 pm 01/30/15)
- Early Packet Pick-Up/ Race Day 01/31/15 – 02/01/15 – $65.00
- YES! WE WILL HAVE RACE DAY REGISTRATION – BE THERE BEFORE 8:00 AM
Early Packet Pick-Up:
Saturday 01/31/15 3:00pm -6:00pm
3850 SW Hall Blvd
Hall Street Shopping Center
Beaverton, OR 97005
Need To Bring:
A valid drivers license
Race Start Times:
All participants that have registered on-line will receive their start time by email no later then 24 hours before the event. Athletes should check in no later than 1 hour before their start time, particularly if they have not picked up their race packet yet.
Wave A: 8:00 am
Wave B: 8:20 am
Wave C: 8:40 am
Wave D: 9:00 am
Wave E: 9:20 am
Wave F: 9:40 am
Wave G: 10:00 am
Wave H: 10:20 am
Wave I: 10:40 am
Wave J: 11:00 am
Wave K: 11:20 am
Wave L: 11:40 am
Wave M: 12:00 pm
Wave N: 12:20 pm
Wave O: 12:40 pm
Wave P: 1:00 pm
Waves added as needed
10 Minute SWIM / 30 Minute BIKE / 15 Minute RUN
Swim Course – 10 Minutes
- Sunset Swim Center
- Every lane will be shared by two athletes, allowing them to split the lane and swim unimpeded at their own pace
- 25 yard pool
- There are length-counters tracking the distance you have swam at every turn.
- At the 9 minute point a “1 minute left” announcement is made
- At 10 minutes a horn sounds signaling the end your swim.
- Swimmers may not exit pool until the 10 minute horn sounds.
- Swimmer may exit at either end of the pool.
- Athletes should proceed directly to transition 1 / biking area (on the pool deck, just a few feet from pool)
Transition 1 – 5 Minutes
- Athletes have five free minutes from the sound of the horn signalling the end of the swim to the bike start.
- If they exceed the five minutes it will start to deduct from their 30 minute bike time.
- Transition area is located next to athlete’s bike.
- Athletes bike will be mounted for them on the Elite Qubo Trainer in numerical order, easy for the athlete to find.
- Once athlete has completed their transition they must stand next to their bike with 2 feet on the ground until the signal that the five minute transition has ended and the bike segment started.
Bike Course – 30 Minutes
- Athlete brings their own bike.
- Bike trainers will only accommodate wheel sizes of 20-29 inches. For most athletes this will not be a problem. But since we accept competitors as young as six (6) years old please measure the diameter of your child’s tire. The easiest way to do this is using a measuring tape measure from the outer edge of the bike tire to the opposite outer edge.
- Bike will be set up on trainer along with odometer ready to ride when athlete arrives from the swim.
- It is automatically calibrated by the weight of the rider/bike against the roller.
- At the signal, athlete has thirty minutes to mount bike and ride as far as they are capable.
- At 29 minutes into the bike segment a “1 minute left” announcement is made.
- At 30 minutes a horn sounds signaling the end of bike segment.
Transition 2 – 5 Minutes
- Athletes have five free minutes from the sound of the horn signalling the end of the bike to the run start.
- If they exceed the five minutes it will start to deduct from their 15 minute run time.
- Their transition area is right there at their bike.
- Once changed, athlete’s should proceed to the run start. (outside, less than a 100 yards from the bike) Follow the arrows.
Run Course – 15 Minutes
- Athletes must wait at the run start for the five minute transition time to expire and running leg to start.
- At the horn athletes have 15 minutes to run as far as they can.
- The Portland Indoor Triathlon is identical to the below illustration/dimensions.
- Lap counters will be located at either end, every 50 yards, to track athlete’s distance.
- A participant must complete a 50 yard segment within the 15 minute time limit for that yardage to count in their total mileage.
- After 15 minutes the horn will sound signaling the end of the race.
Age group Awards Certificates (frame worthy) are given to the top three per gender in the following age groups: 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, 12-13, 14-15, 16-17, 18-19, 20-24,,25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90+
There are also plaques awarded to the Top Three Overall finishers per gender.
Every Competitor receives:
– A custom made Indoor Triathlon USA Swim Cap
– Finisher’s Medal (upon completion of the race)
– A custom made Indoor Triathlon USA Race Tee
There are absolutely no cash refunds given.
However if a refund is requested, NO LATER THAN SEVEN (7) DAYS PREVIOUS YOUR EVENT, you will be given a 50% credit for that same event next year.